European cities are facing several challenges when it comes to their senior citizens. While this population group is growing, it is key to enable and empower them to move around the city independently and sustainably.
A CIVITAS ECCENTRIC webinar, which is taking place on 10 July from 11:30 to 13:00 CEST, brings you experiences from cities that have rolled out sustainable urban mobility projects that target the elderly and youth, bring generations together, and promote self-determined mobility and sustainability.
During the webinar, you will learn about:
- Benefits of intergenerational projects
- First-hand experience implementing the projects in Munich and Madrid
- How to bring together schools, teenagers, and the elderly
- The importance of autonomous mobility for the elderly
- How different learning modules were structured and conducted in Munich, including the use of an “age suit“ when conducting workshops
- How to adapt Munich’s and Madrid’s programmes to different needs
- Drivers and barriers of implementing the programmes